Adding A Global Shortcut Key
Sometimes you want to have a shortcut key to perform a command you use frequently. Here's how to add a shortcut key:
- Open the menu. Press "Alt+F1".
- Navigate to ">System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts. Press" enter".
- Tab to the "add" button. Press "enter".
- Type a name for your shortcut. For the BlueFish Editor program you might type one of the following:
- Press tab.
- Type the command you want to execute with your shortcut key. In our example, you would type:
- Tab to and press the "Apply" button.
- Scroll down the list again to the bottom and find the name you entered.
- Right arrow once to the shortcut column.
- Press "enter".
- Type the shortcut key you wish to use. In our example, you might type:
- Tab to the "Close" button.
Voila. You have a shortcut key for your application.