How To Burn an Optical Disk Using Braseroby Peter Tesar
From the desktop you can burn a CD or DVD using Brasero.
There are several ways to invoke Brasero. Choose the one that works best for you.
- Submit "brasero" from the "alt+F2" run box.
- Press "Alt+F2". An edit box appears.
You can open a terminal.
- Press "Ctrl+Alt+t".
- From the terminal command line, type:
Use the menus.
- Press "Alt+f1" to navigate to Menus->Sound & Video->Brasero.
- Press "enter".
These are the steps you need to take before you burn your disk. I assume you have already placed a disk into your opticle drive.
- To blank a RW disk:
- Press "Alt+t" for the "Tools" menu.
- Arrow down to "blank" in this menu.
- Press "enter".
- Tab and select a project. For example, select the Data Project button
- Press "enter". A new frame appears.
- When you have a blank RW disk loaded, there will be a combo box with:
Blank CD RW disc: 700MB of free space
- Select the "add" button to continue to the next frame.
- Your focus might be on the location text field. Reverse tab and you will hear your user name followed by:
toggle button pressed
- This means that your Home directory is the default. Reverse tab to the name column header. This puts focus on a list.
- Arrow down to hear the items in your Home directory.
- Highlight the folder containing files you want to burn.
- Double press the numpad slash to open the folder.
- Press "ctrl+a" to select all.
- Select the "add" button.
Burning the Opticle Disk
When you have selected all the files you wish to burn to the opticle disk:
- Tab to the "files" column header.
- Arrow down to verify that you have selected the files you want to burn.
- Select the "burn" button to start the process.